Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Me and Photoshop are amazing

So I have been wanting to paint a picture of another Bougereau for about a year now. It is labeled "The Storm" It is 2 sisters hugging each other in a storm. The older sister looks like she is somewhat protecting the younger sister. For some reason, I thought the younger sister looked a bit like our previous bishops daughter. It has taken many months to get together in this, but here is what I did.


I took pictures of the girls. I wanted the hands in this picture to be the hands that I use for my painting. So I took the hands from this picture and placed them on the Bougereau painting.

Then I wanted the face of L. with somewhat apprehension in her looks... Thus I basically cut and pasted her face to put on the picture.


I wanted to use the face of the older sister here, and so I cut and pasted for my picture. Now many of you might think that to cut and paste pictures to fit other pictures in Photoshop is easy... Let me tell you they are NOT! First you have to get every little nook and cranny of the shape that you want to paste. Without boring you to death with all the minute details, let me just say that it took me many hours to do. I had to change the coloring on the face to match the coloring on the Bougereau painting.
Not an easy task!

I had to adjust all angles so that they would line up, so that it didn't look like the head was on an odd angle, or the hands etc.. The one thing you will notice is that the hand in the left hand area of the painting looks wierd. That is because that was all of the hand there was to copy. I will have to reshoot that hand, or just paint it on the painting. These next two pictures are the before and after pictures.



Hope you enjoy what I share here.

1 comment:

The Sorensen Family said...

Great work! I would have checked this blog sooner but had no idea it existed. I'll be sure to frequent it. And yes I know exaclty what you mean. Using Layers in that way is a tricky, process. I'm impressed! I'd love to see the bigger image of the after picture though. The first one when you click on it will get bigger but not the second. See if you can upload the full-res again and maybe it will work the second time around.